Share it

Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Friday the 13th!

Now if you know me IRL (in real life) you know I am extremely superstitious. I grew up with a very superstitious Grandma from "La Isla" (aka the Puerto Rican Island) so we had many many things we could and could not do (i.e. On New Years Eve you have to wear red underwear into the new year, if you are in PR for the new year you have to walk backwards into the ocean to leave the previous year behind, many locals do this so you won't be alone, you can't celebrate a birthday before the date only after, etc.) I am sure I drive my hubby crazy with these things.

The one thing I am not superstitious about is Friday the 13th! 13 has been a lucky number for me so I am hoping I get some good news today. About 2 weeks ago Mysti from http://diggingoutfromourmess.blogspot.com/ told me about Autism day at
Sesame Place
in April (appropriate since April is Autism awareness month) so I applied and now I wait to see if we get the tickets. They give you four tickets and all you pay is $25.00 for parking. Last time we went we paid over $50 per ticket just to get it.

Also on the no spend front I failed already but at least not to badly. Now I know people do a no spend on anything but I like having a roof over my head so I paid rent and utilities but I would not spend on non necessities. Well I was driving by CVS and saw they were having a B1G1 free on certain meds. I ran out of my melatonin (of course now that I am having trouble sleeping), Tylenol (of course during THAT time of the month), and the kids Benadryl (during the height of allergy season) so despite having a no spend challenge I did buy us the meds we ran out of. I didn't feel too bad since I got 2 of the 4 meds for free and with the kids allergies especially Deet dee's Nut allergy I like to have a stock pile of this med all over the house, my purse, and diaper bag (never know when he will come in to contact with a nut). He also has an Epi pen in case the Benadryl doesn't work but that is if the Benadryl doesn't work fast enough. So if you look at it like that I guess these were necessities especially if you have ever had the "pleasure" of being around me when I haven't slept well the night before or suffering from cramps :-)

2 comments:

  1. I've never included meds in my no spends...I think you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Your no spend is going great. I never include meds either. I am doing a "no spend" April too, which means limited groceries and not spending money for anything else (except the normal things you have to spend money on like mortgage, phone and etc...)

    ReplyDelete